Pasadena ON for tonight

Morris Jones mojo at whiteoaks.com
Fri Jun 17 13:24:14 PDT 2005

Jane and I are going to give it a try this evening in Old Town Pasadena,
though we'll probably have some interruptions from clouds.

The NWS forecasters are hedging their bet on tonight's forecast by
calling it "partly cloudy."  We're catching the southern tail of a cold
front that may help clear out the marine layer gloom, but bring some
higher clouds of its own.

We'll have a large gibbous Moon high in the sky early, and we should be
able to show it in the telescope well before the sun sets at 8:06 p.m.
A little after sunset we'll be able to show bright Jupiter high in the
south.

For the next several weeks, the sky will have two very bright star-like
objects in the sky:  Venus low in the west shortly after sunset, and
Jupiter high in the south.  Venus is slightly brighter, but it may not
seem so against the twilight sunset glow.

Right now, Saturday evening looks like a carbon copy of Friday.  We'll
give the sky another try in Monrovia.

Details:

Friday, June 17, 7:00 p.m. 'til 10:00 p.m., Old Town Pasadena, Colorado
Blvd. near Delacey (somewhere between Fair Oaks and Pasadena Ave.) on
the north side of Colorado.

Saturday, June 18, 7:00 p.m. 'til 9:30 p.m., Old Town Monrovia, Library
Park at the corner of Myrtle and Lime.

Best regards,
Mojo
--