Cloudy tonight - no sidewalk astronomy in Monrovia

Jane Houston Jones jane at whiteoaks.com
Sat May 30 13:39:43 PDT 2009

It doesn't appear the clouds are going to clear for tonight's first
quarter moon viewing in Monrovia, so this is the official cancellation.
And since next month's first quarter moon falls on the fourth of July
weekend we're cancelling those observing sessions, too. Monrovia has a
wonderful fourth of July celebration, so for those local to our town,
enjoy the fireworks and festivities along Myrtle Avenue on Saturday the
4th.  And visit the new Monrovia Library at Myrtle between Palm and Lime
Street - it's spectacular!

Back to the moon - I just posted my very first astronomy article on my
blog.  It's called "A day in the life of the moon" and it got me started
with astronomical writing , lunar observing and sketching nearly 20
years ago.  It's here, along with some other musings and sketchings
http://jane.whiteoaks.com/

Jane, Mojo and the Old Town Sidewalk Astronomers

Jane Houston Jones
Monrovia, CA
Website: www.whiteoaks.com
Old Town Astronomers:  http://www.otastro.org