Free telescope, Cassini videos, happy 400th Galileo's Saturn view

Jane Houston Jones jane at whiteoaks.com
Tue Jul 20 10:15:46 PDT 2010

I was asked by a colleague to see if anyone might want a free telescope,
complete with eyepieces.  I asked him to take some pictures, and I am
offering it to our Sidewalk Astronomy email list first.  When I saw the
pictures of the telescope, I just had to tell a story about it, so
here's the story and the free telescope offer.  First person to call
Steve and arrange pickup will get it.  Don't call or email me with
questions - I am out of the office and traveling until Monday.
http://jane.whiteoaks.com/2010/07/20/free-telescope-to-first-caller/

Steve is also featured in this awesome video from Cassini today.  It's
comparing Titan's lakes to Death Valley's Racetrack Playa and the video
is on this page.
http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/video/videodetails/?videoID=213  The YouTube
version is here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JPLnews#g/u

Finally, back to the solar system.  :-)  I was in Washington DC last
week as part of NASA's 400 years of Discovery - from Galileo to the
Outer Planets exhibit in the U.S. House of Representatives Rayburn
Office Building.  The day of our event was also the 400th anniversary of
Galileo's first telescopic look at Saturn. so I wrote this little piece
about it for our NASA Solar system Exploration website. Ta da!
http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/news/whatsup-archive.cfm

Here is what the exhibit looked like:
http://photo.whiteoaks.com/2010-07-15-DC/slides/IMG_7009.html

Over and out, Jane