Sidewalk astronomy Saturday in Monrovia

Morris Jones mojo at whiteoaks.com
Fri Jun 18 12:56:31 PDT 2010

Hi all!

Because of other commitments, we're not going to be able to set up in
Pasadena tonight, but the weather looks good for tomorrow Saturday
evening in Monrovia.  We'll be at the corner of Myrtle & Lime from about
8:00 'til 10:00 p.m.

We should have good views on tap of the moon and Saturn, with possibly
some looks at Venus.

If there are still some folks who want help setting up a new telescope,
drop me a note.  I'll be happy to meet you on the corner at about 6:30
while it's still daylight.

On "new moon" weekends like last week, we frequently travel out to the
Colorado Desert south of Joshua Tree.  Jane and I both wrote some great
reports on last week's observing.  Jane had a "Ten Planet" observing
night, while I captured some fun astrophotos:

Jane's Ten Planet night:

http://jane.whiteoaks.com/2010/06/14/a-ten-planet-night/

Mojo's pictures:

http://mojo.whiteoaks.com/2010/06/13/observing-report-dark-desert-june-skies/