Sidewalk Astronomy cancelled tonight

Jane Houston Jones jane at whiteoaks.com
Sat May 14 08:26:28 PDT 2016

The streets around Library Park are closed to cars and parking for this
weekend's Monrovia Days celebration, and there will be activities and
booths in the park and on the adjacent streets around our Myrtle and
Lime Street sidewalk astronomy corner. We'll reschedule Sidewalk
Astronomy for next Saturday night, May 21 and share the light from the
full moon, and Jupiter with you next week instead.

To find out more about tonight's moon, here's a nice writeup about
understanding the first quarter moon. Sidewalk astronomers typically
pick the Saturday nearest the first quarter moon for their events.
http://earthsky.org/moon-phases/first-quarter

See you next weekend, and we are trying to reschedule the Mojave
National Preserve star party, and we'll let you know when the date is
finalized.

--
Jane Houston Jones
@jhjones